Monday, August 27, 2012

Did you leave it ALL on the field today?

This week we had exchanges with the sisters in the Feather River ward. WOW!!... I tell you what, WOW!! When the day comes to do an exchange. I always dread it... for a few reasons. One because I hate leaving my best friend. and TWO because I hate packing. hahaha

This week, the feelings of exchange were no different than the last. While I often find myself feeling that way, I always know in the back of my mind that miracles ALWAYS come on exchanges. So I go and do anyways.

Miracles DID happen this weekend on exchanges!! I received more revelation for what I need to do better in my service as a missionary.

Sister Love and I went over to the football field and track to do some exercise. It was a nice track and I was able to do some jogging. The entire time as I ran, the questions I had at mission conference flooded my mind again. "What can I do to give ALL that I am... Every day?!"

We finished up our exercise and headed back the way we came. As we walked passed the locker room I glanced up at the sign that hung by the door.
"Did you leave it ALL on the field today?..." WOW. That hit me like a ton of bricks. All at once it clicked in my mind, and I understood a little bit more what it meant to give all that I have every day. I thought of all the football games I have watched in my life and I realized that I want to be one of those "First String players" that gives every game ALL that they have. The type of player that uses all their time and talents to help build the team up and to help them succeed. That is the kind of missionary I want to be. THAT is the kind of servant I want to be. Every day of my life... I want to come home knowing that I left it ALL on the field that day.

I love you all.
I am grateful for the prayers, love and support I receive every day.
This mission is changing my life, and I am so grateful for the experiences that surround me daily to come closer to Heavenly Father!
Keep doing the small things everyday. They make the BIGGEST difference.

With all my love and prayers,
Sister Sydney Tittle

No comments:

Post a Comment