Thursday, September 6, 2012

ALMOST DONE WITH 2ND TRANSFER!

My dear sweet friends and family,

Forgive me for the late delivery of the email. The library was closed for labor day so we came today instead... presidents orders :)
I am not sure what to say. My heart is full. I am on the last week of my second transfer and I have felt so blessed by my Heavenly Father. Blessed to be here, now. Blessed to know the people I know here and to serve with the people I serve with here. Especially my comp, Sister Withers. At the end of the transfer she will be heading home to good ole' Blackfoot, Idaho... Leaving behind her dear companion. We both have been dreading this days arrival but have been doing ALL that we can to "Leave it ALL on the field... " everyday in EVERYTHING we do. She promised me that when she goes home she is going to go and see my family in Utah... I told her that they will be surprised and happy to have a little taste of "Syd" for a while. Sister Withers (Ashley) is my twin... haha. I love her to death.

This time next week I will be getting my new companion, I will know by next P day what her name is... so I will be sure to let you all know. It is so nerve racking and exciting...But we wont talk any further about the end of transfer... kinda a sensitive subject for the withers and I. :)

This Monday we played SOFTBALL for our P-day activity! AH I felt like I was at home again. It was so much fun! Dad would have been embarrassed by me at first though... you should have seen me struggle when I first got there. Withers and I got up there to the plate and they all said "Sister Tittle, it's your turn! Get up to the plate!" they handed me this girly pink bat.. and I swung and missed about 5 times... "What is WRONG with me I thought?..." I was SOOOO embarrassed... and then I decided to use the heavier bat. The one all the elders were using. and BOOM! First pitch with the new bat I hit pretty hard! After that I had a blast.. I was right at home!

Later on in the P-Day Elder Honeycutt (The Sassy Georgian Elder) and I threw to each other. He throws so hard, but I caught most of them... My hand is bruised today.. haha No worries though dad, I threw heat right back! So all in all.. P-day was SO fun... Naturally.

The work here continues to move forward. Sister Withers and I are teaching so many wonderful people. But there is one that I wanted to tell you a little bit about today. I only have a second though...

The Machuca Girls are AMAZING! Seriously. A single mom and here two beautiful girls. The Mom starting dating a member and is now working toward baptism... They have been through so much but have remained so faithful. They are willing to do ANYTHING it takes to be able to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized. (Talk about being PREPARED by Heavenly Father!) We taught them about the word of wisdom and the mom asked us... Really?... No Tea?... Does that mean Iced Tea?... We said yes. "Okay, I'll do it!" was her quick response. - WOW. She is amazing. She doesn't care as much about the reason WHY... she only knows that God has asked her to do it and so she will. As we left that day we asked her... "Will you live and follow the word of wisdom?..." - She responded with conviction. "Yes, of course." Ohhh my HEART. The next day she took her daughters to burger king.. The person asked her what she wanted to drink and she almost said Raspberry Ice Tea... but then she turned to her daughter and smiled and said.. "we don't drink that anymore, do we." We weren't there to tell her what to do. SHE knew what she wanted to do. And she DID it! She has the 1 Nephi 3:7 FIRE!

SOO inspiring for me.

I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!
Never forget to be REAL... and HAVE ZEAL!

Talk to you all soon.

Until next week,

Sister Tittle

No comments:

Post a Comment