Sunday, October 14, 2012

First week of transfer DOWN and PICTURES!

 "Cutest kid EVER!"



 "Re-Gifted Cheesecake?... Clanton&Heward"

 "Sister Williams!"

 "Steps to Baptism"

 "Taco Bell"


Details about Sister Williams (Sister Tittles new companion):
From New Mexico in the Albuquerque(?) area! She was adopted VERY young and she graduated from BYU as an English Major. I love her guts, she is SUCH a sweetheart!

First week of the transfer DOWN! I am doing pretty well considering the new change and all. Sister Williams is wonderful. A great and obedient missionary with quite an amazing life story. I am proud to call her companion. I am doing my very best to do what you told me to do and not change a thing about myself. It has been a little bit different getting used to a new companion, but Sister Williams is great and I am excited to learn more from her. She is so sweet, submissive and kind. We've had nothing but good experiences together thus far.

In the mornings we go out and she practices riding a bike in the parking lot next to our apartment. She hasn't ridden a bike in years, but I am so proud of her for working on it... I know that she is doing it partly for me... she knows how much I like riding bikes. I feel like more of a hardworking missionary when I do. (and it also saves us miles on our car..) (Not to mention the sacrifice truly brings blessings as well.)

The work this week has been slowly picking up. I know that next week will be even better, I just need to remember that not everyone is as fast pace as Sister Withers was. Regardless, Sister Williams is truly the woman to take over after Sister Withers... She works so hard to keep up with her crazy companion. :)

Yesterday in church I was feeling a little bit discouraged.. Saying goodbye to Sister Withers was like saying goodbye to my family and friends again when I went into the MTC. They say that in the MTC... once you make it to Sunday, you are okay! I hoped and prayed that it was the same after losing a bestfriend/trainer/soul sister/first companion....Now, although I wasn't letting her departure effect the outer image of "How I was doing..." It was an inward battle everyday. During the sacrament I prayed to know how I can use the atonement to help me to get back on my feet again after losing my best friend. I prayed to know what it would take to give Sister Williams all that I have and all that I am. She deserves my BEST!

BOOM! Miracle!...My prayer was quickly answered and I continued to be edified through out the entire meeting. Both speakers talked about missionary work and even mentioned times in their mission when they may have felt a little down and out for whatever reason. And THEN they spoke about Charity and Love.. and that is when it hit me.

"Sister Tittle... you've got ALOT to learn about charity and love!"

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

 4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

 7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Whatever may be going on in my life needs to be washed away with the LOVE and pure Charity for my people here in Yuba City. THEY are why I am here and I can't waste a moment of my precious time worrying about anything else, especially myself!

 3 Nephi 5:13 - Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

This is what it is all about. How Grateful I am to have had the opportunity to learn a little bit more about Charity and Love this week and to really internalize my purpose as a missionary!

Thank you for everything!
I love you SOOO much...

Love,
Sister Sydney Tittle

PS... BYU vs. UTAH GAME?! UGHH so disappointing hearing that. Poor cougs need to step up their GAME!
Anyways... Onward and Upward!


No comments:

Post a Comment