Sunday, October 14, 2012

Update and PICTURES!


HOLY SMOKES! General Conferences was a TRIP!! 19 year old SISTERS?!?!?! Man, the Lord REALLY wants his work to continue moving forward... and he wants it to move FASTER! :) That just gives me the pump I need to keep going hard and keep pressing forward in this work!... along with 19 year old Sisters though, 18 year old ELDERS?!.... (Dad TOTALLY CALLED IT last year!!!) - Through out the remainder of Saturday I couldn't stop thinking about Brett and his preparations to serve a mission. WOW.. the weight must be on his shoulders now to serve a mission. At first I was really sad.. thinking in my mind that Brettsky's mission and my own would now almost definitely overlap... I didn't want it to be that way. The thought weighed heavy on my mind and in my heart for the rest of the day. When I woke up the next morning, though, I woke with the peace and comfort in my heart that I knew that there was a reason why this change has come at this time. I KNEW that there is no where in the WORLD I would rather Brett be than on a mission, serving the Lord. Even if that meant I wouldn't see him for Three or so years. Seeing the influence this mission has had in MY life as well as in the lives of all the missionaries I am surrounded by, I want nothing more than for my sweet little brother to be out in the mission field laboring diligently with all of his might, mind, and strength to become the disciple Heavenly Father wants him to become. What incredible opportunity to have at an even younger age. Brett, if you are reading this... I love you so much. I am so excited to see the man you will become as a missionary and representative of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

A few Missionary Updates:

We are beginning the 5th week of the transfer... WOW. Time flies by. A few things that happened this week:

  • Polidario Exchange - This week we had exchanges. Sister Polidario (The precious little sister from the philippines) What a great leader and example she is. She works so hard and is constantly centered on her purpose. The one thing that stands out about her though, is that she ALWAYS smiles. It doesn't matter how difficult her circumstance is or how stressed she may feel.. Sister P is ALWAYS smiling.
    This exchange was such a blessing for me and I was truly able to get some great advice from her about different things I have been wanting to work on. How grateful I am to be surrounded by such wonderful missionaries.
  • New Investigator - His name is Eyin (sounds like Ian) He has long curly brown hair that goes to his shoulders and was raised - as he told us - by two hippies. Let me tell you something about Eyin though... He was a miracle and a tender mercy. Sister Williams and I have been working tirelessly, exhausting ourselves everyday trying to move this work forward, not much success coming from it. But then.... out of no where... Here comes Eyin... Found by the Sutter Buttes Elders. I have a testimony that as we work our hearts out, through tiresome days, through cancelled appointments and such... As we remain faithful, Heavenly Father will pour out his blessings upon us... we WILL see miracles happen. Eyin is an incredible young man who is a true Seeker. He hungers and thirsts for more knowledge. We began teaching him just a few days ago and he ended up attending All the Saturday sessions of conference as well as one of the sunday sessions. I pray that he will continue to progress on his pathway toward our Father in Heaven!
  • Self Evaluation - The past few weeks I have had the opportunity to re evaluate myself as a missionary... Conference was a magnificent tool for me to do this, Mission Correlation Meeting was as well. I am grateful for opportunities to progress in my life! Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to become ALL that we can become... as we have faith and put our trust and confidence in the Savior... this is POSSIBLE!
  • Re-Organization - The Area book, White Board and Car were all a pretty big mess... I am doing all I can to work my heart out and ORGANIZE this area so that it is flowing and has a system when I leave it. (This realization came to me during President Henry B. Eyrings Talk in the Relief Society Broadcast. "What will I do to USE the team I have here in the Buttes Vista Ward??... What can I do now to leave this area BETTER than I found it?"

May Heavenly Father continue to guide us EVERYDAY!
And may we CONTINUE to LISTEN and OBEY!

And for my quote of the week:
"Don't wait until the day you die to start living!" - Uchtdorf General Conference Oct. 2012
I love you!

Sister Sydney Tittle

 "This is one of my FAVORITE ward families.. the Clarey's. Don't those kids have BEAUTIFUL hair?!... So jealous."


Conference Sunday... I was definitely missing the family's tradition of Spam, Eggs, and Rice! I ended up doing the NEXT BEST THING, though! And made my OWN homemade Egg McMuffin! :) I felt CLOSE to home!
 

 Egg McMuffin and CEREAL! two Tittle Family FAVES!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment